My Top 10 Insect Moments of 2009
I did one of these last year, and have been meaning to post someting similar for 2009. Looking back, it was a great year for working with insects! My top 10 insect moments are:
10. Watching blowflies and carrion beetles help decompose a deer carcass.
9. Checking out Becker's White during the spring bloom at Anza Borrego State Park in California.
8. Witnessing Allegheny Mound Ants and Edward's Haristreaks in Michigan and releasing Karner Blue butterflies in Ohio during the Imperiled Butterfly Conservation and Management workshop hosted by the Toledo Zoo.
7. Tiger hunting in the City of Chicago.
6. Photographing Karner Blues and Dusted Skippers in the dunes and swales of northwest Indiana.
5. Photographing the endangered Miami Blue at Bahia Honda State Park in the Florida Keys.
4. Getting much better photographs of tiger beetles at Willcox Playa.
3. Photographing grasshoppers and tiger beetles (and a diamondback rattlesnake!) with FC in the wilds of Pure Florida.
2. Doing a whole lot of butterfly conservation.
1. Photographing Raja Brooks Birdwings, and a whole bunch of other exotic insects, in the Cameron Highlands of Malaysia.